MathsJam 2023 - Weekend of November 11th/12th
Tickets that include accommodation now sold out.
Tickets that do not include accommodation are now available.
If you need a residential ticket, email us for the waiting list.
Tickets are on sale!
- Aug 30 : Tickets On Sale
- Sep 30 : Early-bird Closed
- Oct 13 : Tickets with accommodation sold out
- Oct 20 : Talk submission closes
- Oct 26 : Non-residential tickets available
- Nov 01 : Tables submission closes
- w/c Nov 06th :
- Visit the virtual space ...
- get used to how it works
- Nov 10 (evening) : The pre-MathsJam social
- Nov 11 (morning) : Arrival, and the event is underway.
- Nov 12 (evening) : Event ends 8-(
- Nov 13 : That's a wrap ...
- November 11th and 12th
- Yarnfield Park, near Stone.
- Tickets are on sale!
Already convinced? Here's the link to buy tickets[->]
If you're not convinced, here's more about it:
For more information, read on, or click around.
For in-person tickets:
Due to prices rises by the venue, and the percentages charged
by the ticketing service, we have, finally, reluctantly, had
to raise our prices. This is the first price increase since
2011, and it has been kept to an absolute minimum to safeguard
the future of the event.
Note: The weekend tickets include:
- All sessions;
- Lunch on both Saturday and Sunday;
- Dinner, bed, and breakfast on the Saturday;
- Tea, coffee, biscuits, and juice in the breaks.
For the extra nights, no discounts are available:
- Full price single : £180;
- Full price double or twin : £145 PP;
- In-person non-residential ticket (not including accommodation) : £80;
- 10% discount for the unwaged;
- 10% early-bird discount available;
- Optional B&B available for Friday
- Dinner also optionally available on Friday
- Optional Dinner B&B available for Sunday
- Single B&B £75.00 (+£10 for dinner)
- Double B&B £55.00 (+£10 for dinner) pp
- Single DB&B £85.00 (dinner included)
- Double DB&B £65.00 (dinner included) pp
| No |
| Unwaged XOR |
| Unwaged AND |
| Single |
| £180 || £162 || £144 |
| Double |
| £145pp || £130.50 |
| £116 pp |
- Full price : £20 (TBC)
- Discounts apply
- On-line/remote attendance options to be detailed soon.
For more details see How To Register
. There you will find
more information about the choices on offer, and a link to
the ticket purchasing site.
For those brave and foolhardy souls wanting to go straight
to the ticket purchasing site without delay, click here:
Who will be there?
MathsJams are a chance for anyone to join the fun. We have people
from a wide range of ages, backgrounds, education, and ability. All
you need is an interest in and enthusiasm for maths of all types.
The program includes:
- Lightning talks
- Generous conversation breaks
- Time to talk
- Other activities
The talk slides and descriptions from previous years are collated
in archive here:
Come back and check this page as and when you can.
The MathsJam Gathering Code of Conduct can be found here:
The Annual MathsJam Gathering is effectively a private party being
organised by me (with help from people who are amazingly generous
with their time). I promise I'll treat you fairly, and ask that
you do the same. I promise that if you send me money then either
the event will run and you'll have a place, or I'll give you your
If you pay and then cancel, I will refund your money if you give
me a sensible amount of notice. In short, I will do my best to
treat you fairly.
If you don't trust me, don't send me your money!
Links to this page
Last change to this page
Edit this page
(with sufficient authority)