Every now and again I catch up with someone from my past.
I love that, it's always fabulous to find out where they've
been, and what they've been doing. Inevitably they ask me
what I've been doing, so I thought I'd just write most of
down here. I can then copy/paste the bones, trim the excess
and flesh out the relevant parts.
So this is currently a place-holder for a brief biography.
I'm dumping things here as and when I (a) remember them, and
(b) have time.
- Full-time freelance STEM Outreach and Enhancement
- 2013(?) - 2018(?) : Part-time Teaching Fellow at Keele University
- 2003 - present : Director of Denbridge Marine Ltd
- 2000 - Married Rachel Wright
- 1995 - present : Director of Solipsys Ltd
- 1993 - 2003 : Head of Research and Development
- Initially dB Electronics,
- which became Datawave Technology
- which became Denbridge Digital
- Dissolved in 2003
- New company formed: Denbridge Marine Ltd
- 1990/1993 : Research Associate in Computing at Liverpool University
- 1990 Awarded PhD
- 1987/1990 : Research Associate in Maths at Manchester University
- 1984/1987 : Research for PhD at Cambridge (in Pure Maths )
- Some time in here I started giving talks
- 1984/Q4 was spent at LSU
- 1985/Q4 was spent at LSU
- 1983/1984 : Part III of the Maths Tripos at Cambridge
- 1980 - 1982 : BSc(Hons), Maths, Monash University
- 1974 - 1979 : Blackburn High School, Melbourne, Victoria