Colins Mathematical Ancestry
Some recent research amazed me. I feel somewhat humbled by
this, as I am completely unable to live up to some of these
If you don't know who the ones in green are, you should go
and look them up. For example:
... and so on. You can find more about these amazing people here:
- Leonhard Euler:
- Fourier: As in Fourier analysis, used to find
frequencies in vibrations
- Gauss: Everywhere and everything
- Klein: After whom the Klein Bottle is named.
- Leibniz: Invented calculus at the same time as Newton
- Lagrange: The stable points in orbits are named after him.
- Dirichlet: Proved Fermat's Last Theorem for n=5
I'm gobsmacked. I must work harder ...
I've now found this page:
... which can generate graphs like this.
Suggest a change ( <--
What does this mean?) /
Send me email
Front Page /
All pages by date /
Site overview /
Top of page